Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New Name, New Addy, Same Dorky Writer

In my day-to-day life I sign in and out of no less than four Gmail accounts. This is not an easy thing to juggle! So I am doing all of my blog updates from this new address because it is linked to the gmail account I use most often. If you are interested in the last five (count 'em - FIVE) blog updates from my previous blog you can find them here:

 A Year Late and a Dollar Short 
Dirty Dogs and Unmarked Papers 
Zucchini, Curry and Easter Candy 
C.O.M. Complains About: Birthdays 
How I Lost 10lbs

Okay so the name - The Frogging Turtle.  I think it has a nice ring to it because it's all reptiley and amphibiany which is AWESOME!  Plus it's got a knitting reference - and not just any knitting reference, but one that invokes "ribbits" in the mind of the reader - well the knitting savvy ones anyway.  For those who don't know "Frogging" is a knitting term for tearing out a bunch of stitches because you screwed up and have to go back.  It got it's name because you "rip it, rip it, rip it".

The Turtle thing is, well - a dorkier reference than a late-twenty-something female should be alluding to.  I'm sort of a collector of The Ninja Turtles - so I have a bunch of toys and other memorabilia in a box somewhere.  I always just thought they were cool.  And when I couldn't get my full name as a gmail address, I went with Lindsay Turtle instead and have been sort of using it as a moniker ever since.

So there we have it - now you know what this blog is about.  Knitting and being a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment